A good life is a collection of happy moments...





Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday's Ten

Happy 


1. The big and most exciting news of the week is that I am an AUNT again!!!! Lillian Rose made her debut on Sunday afternoon. She is absolutely perfect and I am so in love! I cannot wait for her to grow up with Ryann, Will and baby Simms to-be. It's going to be so much fun.
Running into this wonderful person in the hospital waiting room was so fun. Lillian and her nephew, Levi, were born just a few hours apart. We are twinkie aunts! 

Waiting room selfie! 

Lillian Rose is absolutely perfect! 

2. Last Tuesday was pretty much awful. I am trying not to exaggerate, but it was a.... Not cool, Robert Frost kind of day! BUT, when I went into school on Wednesday a lot of my kiddos felt really bad. I received some of the sweetest notes and a few kiddos brought me gifts. The apple from Ray (who was not a part of the ruckus) made me smile from ear to ear. I think they (or at least some of them) realized they were in the wrong. The rest of the week went better. I decided that it may be wise to eat in the cafeteria with them. This was and is pretty difficult for me to do. I am the type that likes to eat alone in my classroom. I enjoy the 20-minutes of quietness. This class needs structure ALL of the time. If anything, me eating with them has helped them transition into the 2nd half of the day on a more positive note. We shall see...

3. We celebrated Craig's birthday with a family dinner. Birthday dinners with my favorites are my favorite! ;) 


4. Thank you UofL for beating UNC. We needed that win!


5. I met my January running goal of 50 miles! I finished the month with a 6 miler that put me at 58 total for the month! 58 completed, 592 to go! February's goal is hill work 4 times and staying consistent with my minimum distance at 3 miles. I was given another little challenge, but I'm not going to disclose it until it's completed. ;)


6. UofL's 2015 football schedule was released. That puts a smile on my face. We have six home games. I think 6 is the perfect number to have at home. It's going to be a super exciting season with our two new little cardinal fans to tailgate!!! I'm already working with teaching them the CARDS chant.


7. Made my next recipe! Taco Soup!!! It was delicious and I'm pumped about the leftovers that I will be freezing!!! 


2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of beef broth
1 can of rotel
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
(Drain and rinse all beans and corn before adding to the pot,)
1 package of taco seasoning
1 package of ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
1 pound of cooked meat. I went with 99% fat free ground turkey.
I crunched up 3 whole grain tortilla chips for a little texture. 

D-E-LICIOUS!!! 

8. Babies make the world a better place. 

9. I had an awful run this evening, BUT I ran and that's more important than not running. I have been trying to figure out why, but I cannot pinpoint what was different. O'well...tomorrow is a new day! 

10. Life Goal: 

Hope all is well!

xoxo-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment