A good life is a collection of happy moments...





Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ten for Tuesday

Ten things that are currently making me smile (because we all know it's not Room 106. Is that bad to say?!?! Nope, just my current reality.This too shall pass.)...



1. I recently booked a trip to visit my friends Kara and Craig in Denver. I am absolutely stoked and cannot wait for our adventure! I am so excited to pioneer out west! 

2. I was able to catch up with my dear friend Genna over dinner.

3. I was recently asked by my principal if I would like to go to a "Thinking Strategies" conference in DENVER. What the heck?!?! I have never been to Denver and I will be going twice within 4 months. CRAZY COOL!!!! I am excited to learn by the mountains. :)

4. I am following the comments a few readers left on one of my more recent posts. My friend Michelle suggested I checked out Pinterest for some easy recipes. There I found stuffed peppers. Oh.My.Goodness!!! So easy and so delicious!!! 
Ingredients:
1 lb of ground turkey
3 red bell peppers
2 cups of spaghetti sauce
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1/2 cup spinach
2 tbs Parmesan cheese + 6 tbs mozzarella to garnish over the top of each pepper


Before the oven!

After! SO YUM!!!

*Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil (helps with clean up).
*Wash red peppers. Remove the stem and cut the peppers in half.
*Cook ground turkey over medium-high heat. 
*When turkey is almost completely cooked through, add the sauce and the seasonings to the pan. 
*Stir and continue to cook until the turkey is completely cooked. 
*Add the spinach and Parmesan and stir until everything is well combined. 
*Scoop 1/2 cup of turkey mixture into each pepper.
*Sprinkle 1 tbs low fat mozzarella over each pepper.
*Bake (the recipe I saw said 20-30 minutes) I set my timer for 20 and took my peppers out at 17 minutes. The picture above is after 17 minutes and they tasted perfect. You may prefer a little less or a little more time. 

Not sure why, but I only bought 2 peppers and the recipe calls for 3. I still have some of the ground turkey mixture left. I am thinking it will go great with some whole wheat pasta.  

Next week its.....Taco Soup! 

5. 46 of 650 miles down. 604 to go!  

6. I have officially started round two of my National Boards work. I met with my new cohort for the first time over the weekend and I forked up a large sum of money. I CAN do this!!!! FOUR POINTS people!!!! Out of my four choices of retake selections I chose my Social Studies portfolio entry (Luckily that's the only entry I can redo.) and that darn Integrating the Arts Assessment. I am retaking two portions because I do not want to put all of my eggs in one basket.

7. I mean....how can this lovely face not make one smile?!?!




8. After school Monday I worked out with a few other teachers in our school gym. We chose Insanity as our workout of choice. Let me tell you....it's tough, but so worth it. I was so amazed at how much better I felt this time compared to my first every Insanity work out last spring. I can tell that my work is paying off. 

9. I am thankful that someone had the instinct to call me this evening. 

10. I have said this so many times, but I feel like it's so true that it deserves to be said over and over and never loses any value because it's so true. The people I work with are AMAZING!!!! From my awesome partner to my dear friend across the hall. To all of the teachers that I pass in the hall and by the copy machine. They all rock!

#11 just because. Tomorrow is a new day and that makes me smile. 

What's your ten for Tuesday?!?!

xoxo-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment