A good life is a collection of happy moments...





Wednesday, February 11, 2015

#WIRN Wednesday

Here is a spin on #widn (What I'm doing now)...I'm going to go with #wirn (What I'm reading now). I am glad that I am making some time to read things that I want to read. At school we are reading January's Sparrow as a class. My reading groups are currently reading Call it Courage, Joey Pigza Loses Control, and Rosa Parks: My Story. I really enjoy all of the above and the kiddos are too! 

Currently at home...

I've made it though Chapter 1 on this one. It discusses the meaning of humility. A few quotes that stuck out to me.

"Failure is not final-it is fertilizer for future success." 

"Humility forces you to treat people around you better, to share with people, to carry them with you in any success you have."

"With humility, you are better able to enjoy and understand success, and you are better able to examine and handle failure."


Next up: Chapter 2: The Force of Focus

This is one book that I have been UBER EXCITED about!!! I am absolutely in love with KP's messages and life lessons. It's like he is speaking to adults as much as he is children. A book like this definitely helps to put some tough days into perspective. 

Chapter 1: Life is what happens when you PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE! 

Think about it...


Next up...Chapter 2: Focus on the Awesome

What's up with Chapter 2's involving focusing... ;)

I am also reading my National Board Entry 2 directions and standards over and over. I'm trying to get it right this time. :)


What are you reading on this Wednesday?!?!

xoxo-Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment