A good life is a collection of happy moments...





Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Hallmark Holiday Friday


Random things to High-5+some about this week....

1. Welp, it's Valentine's Day. The one day a year that you get to tell people that you love them right?!?!?! WRONG! Tell people you care about them all of the time. It'll make you smile more. Them too! Never really liked favored this day for obvious various reasons, but being a teacher on this day is sure does give it a touch of special. I've also decided NOT to be a Debbie on this day anymore. It's not worth it. Bummed that I did not get to see their faces, but Monday will be here soon enough. I modified their little goodie bag notes. They were originally going to say, "You are O'FISH'ally #awesome!" The bags are filled with goldfish. The fake ones. That you eat. I should have added, "We will celebrate on the 4th of July with sparklers!" 



2. A very special Krazy had a 60th, I mean 49th birthday party last weekend. Mrs. Dora sent me a text message telling me that they were having a get-together to celebrate and that I was invited to join the fun. My 29 year old self would have probably said, "Thanks for asking, but I've got some work to do," but my 30 year old self said, "Sounds great, I'll be there!" I am so glad I went because Dora and Krazy hold such a special place in my heart. Thank you Krazy for being born!


3. Challenge #11: Check! My Aunt Alma and Bear gave me a gift card to take my mom to lunch at one of her favorite restaurants, El Nopal. So with the SUPER SURPRISING SNOW DAY on Monday that is exactly what I did. I sent her at text that read, "Would you like to go to lunch on Alma and Bear today?" Her reply, "Is Alma off today?" She thought I was asking if I wanted to go to lunch WITH them. Once we got it all straightened out we had our plans. She talked to Bub earlier in the day and since he was off asked him to join. So there ya have it....Me, mom, and Bub had lunch at El Nopal on Alma and Bear. Thanks ya'll! 

4. I came home from my lunch date Monday to find homemade veggie soup hanging on my door knob. Man, people sure do know the way to my heart. Veggie soup! I've found it twice in the past few months in random places. This was from my Aunt Phyllis and Jo Jo! Sure do know how to make a gal feel special!!! <3

5.The FREE 10-minute neck massage at school on Thursday was pretty sweet. TEN full minutes of peace and quite. Heavenly.

6. I got a Valentine's card in the mail from one of my most favorite couples in the world. The smallest of gestures have the biggest effects. Definitely brought a smile to my face. 

7. Drive home phone calls from my dad just because are moments that I cherish. 

8. I went to school today, as I did on Monday to work a little bit. Sometimes it's refreshing to be in a place you love by yourself accomplishing things. Although today, I had a few friends there! 

9. Hope you all know that......

 

Happy Valentine's Day!!! 



How was your week?

xoxo-Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment