A good life is a collection of happy moments...





Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Favorite R's of Spring Break.

The Teaching Trio has a monthly favorites linky party. 
Here are my three favorite R's of Spring Break! 


Reading: There is just something about being able to plow through some good literature on Spring Break. By plow though, I mean being able to sit long enough to read an entire book in one setting. I know I am not reading super intense adult novels, but instead enjoying literature that I can share with my students. So far this week I have read The One and Only Ivan, The Crossover, and I am currently reading Paperboy. I already know what I am headed to the book store to get for my trip to Denver next week. I follow a few literacy teachers (I would LOVE to only teach literacy) on Instagram and look into their recommendations. So far, they have all been spot on!

Running: Running 2.0 is going great and it's nice to be able to walk out the door in the morning, afternoon, or evening. I would love to run every morning, but it just doesn't work out before I get to school super early. The Derby Festival Mini-Marathon is coming up. I am SUPER excited about this race. It's been too long since I have ran this one. 

221.3 ran...428.7 to go. Right on track to meet my yearly goal. I have a feeling April is going to be a break-out month. lol That sounds funny, but I'm excited to continue my 2.0 journey. 

Resting: This is an obvious one. Resting to me incorporates so much more than sitting on the coach relaxing. It includes going to brunch with friends, hanging out at the zoo, spending time with my nieces, hanging out with my sister-in-laws, sleeping in, blogging. You know anything besides school work. 



What are your favorite Spring Break activities?!?!

xoxo-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment