A good life is a collection of happy moments...





Sunday, August 2, 2015

{Currently-August} {8/2/15}

It's a new month and that means a new link- up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade! This new month brings so many mixed emotions. The sadness of summer closing and the excitement of a new year are two of the many. 


Listening: I really enjoy living alone. I do not take the quietness for granted. It's a plus after a long day at work.

Loving: My nieces are A-mazing! Period. End of story. That is all.

Thinking: I am going to make sure I find the perfect balance of enjoying the last bit of summer and making sure to accomplish some necessary school tasks. Our school is being renovated so the classroom set-up will happen in speed mode a few days before the kiddos arrive. It will be crunch time for sure, but it's nice that I am essentially being forced to stay away. 

Wanting: To keep trucking on my goal to run 650 miles for the year of 2015. I fell behind my monthly average in May, but was able to make up some of the miles in July. I'll need to average 57 a month to reach my goal. I've got this! 

Needing: I met with my new teammate and instructional coach last week to plan some for school. It's one of those things that you know what you are going to do, you just need to prep and get it done.

B2SRAK: I enjoy helping some pretty close gals set up their classrooms. Give me a task and I'll get it done. It's different in someone else's room because you do not become so easily distracted or scatterbrained. 

Happy August Ya'll!

xoxo-Kim

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    Wow! That's a lot of miles! I admire your drive and dedication. You've got this! I won't be in the classroom this year so I plan on helping my friends set up their classrooms too. I've always looked forward to setting up my classroom each year. Helping them out will help me get my fix! Enjoy the rest of your summer and have a great school year!
    Antoinette :)
    Shoelaces and Sugar Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! That's so nice that you are helping them, I know they will appreciate it! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh - good for you helping others get set up. I'm sure its so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I helped my sister-in-law today and it's so fun knowing that you are helping to make a "home" for kiddos other than your own. :)

      Delete
  4. Visiting your blog through Farley's Currently. We have a lot in common except no matter how hard I try I am not a runner - I am a sinner though. You have a cute blog. I like your idea of helping fellow teachers set up their room. I have the month of August to enjoy! I just finished teaching summer school. It was a nice gig! Enjoy the rest of your summer! Good luck on your first week back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog! How cute...I love your bright orange background! I love your idea for the RAK! I know I barely have time to set up my classroom but if I could squeeze some time in I would love to help others set up! And it would be even better for it to be some close friends! You can chat, decorate and conquer! Good idea! I hope you have a great class this year!! It won't be long until you get to meet them!

    ReplyDelete