A good life is a collection of happy moments...





Saturday, November 30, 2013

Holy Cow Macaroni and Cheese I am 30!!


Coolest Happy Birthday sign ever!! 

From the words of Tim McGraw...


"I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age 
The ending of an era and the turning of a page 

Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here 

Lord have mercy on my next thirty years..."

So my 20's are officially over and I'm not in the least bit sad. They were real, they were fun, and a lot of times they were real fun. A lot happened in my 20's...

I graduated college...twice,
Stood up for my brothers as they said, "I do."
Landed my dream job-hated it for a while, and then completely fell in love with it,
I was in a lot of weddings, I went to a lot of weddings,
Bought and paid off my Libby Lou,
Bought my own place,
Ran two 1/2 marathons in 1 weekend and 7 others, 
Got a passport and went to the Bahamas,
Went to Vegas...3 times,
Saw Wrigley field for the first time,
Found my love of History,
Saw the Grand Canyon,
Developed some of the best teacher friend relationships,
Fell in love with a princess named Lacie,
Worked and continue to work at a pizza place where met some of my best friends,
Made a pretty tough professional decision,
Randomly decided that I'd like to marry a college football analyst that works for ESPN...Weird I know,
Traveled to Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C with some amazing teachers,
Helped someone check off a bucket-list moment and was forever changed,
Realized I had a deep passion for UofL Football and have only missed 2 home games in 10 years,
My 22nd birthday was pretty amazing,
Became a CuZant... I really just love that word,
Had the worst hangover in my 20's after Wine Down Wednesday...oh and that one New Year's Eve with JoJo,
AND
SOOOOOOOOOO Much more! I could go on and on, but those are the moments that stuck out first when I said, "Go Kim, think of memorable moments in 5 minutes."

Now it's time to focus on my next 30 years because I think my 30's are going to top my 20's. I've told myself that and truly believe big things are going to happen! The past couple of years I have let go of myself and put work before me. Now, I know this year I am working hard because of National Boards, but that is not an excuse to not take time to enjoy life. Plus,I'm submitting my portfolio in May and will take my assessments shortly after. That's only taking up 5-6 months of my 30's. Plus, it's a goal that I want to achieve so badly.



(All of the balloons had a picture of me at every age.)







(Party pic selfie with someone near and dear to my heart.)




My family did an amazing job of pre-aging me to my 30th year by throwing me a surprise party 2 weeks and 3 days BEFORE my actual birthday. THEY GOT ME!!! I thought I was going to dinner for my older ;) sister-in-law's birthday! It was the perfect decoy because her big 3-0 was at the beginning of November. 

I was a wonderful evening and I feel extremely blessed that a party was thrown for me. I mean, what did I do to deserve that?!?! I've always wanted a surprise party, but didn't think my family had in them (Sorry mom, dad, Bub, and Craig), but sister-in-laws are on top of things and maybe encouraged the others to get on board.


Kathy had a wonderful idea that I cannot wait to share. She sent out 30 cards to my nearest and dearest. With the cards people were to give me a challenge to complete in my 30th year.(Look for follow-up post on challenge details) There was a reoccurring theme of rest, relaxations, and rejuvenation. Everyone knows me well. I am looking forward to my 30th year experiencing my challenges...many items I've never done before and bringing you along on the journey....

xoxo-Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment